Enterprise portal helps increase visitor response and reduce web operations costs
IBM Digital Experience V9 is now
available,click to learn more
IBMÂ® WebSphereÂ® Portal Server provides custom-branded, enterprise multi-channel portal capabilities that help you deliver a highly-personalized, social portal experience for your customers. With WebSphere Portal Server, you can give customers a single point of access to the applications, services, information and social connections they need. WebSphere Portal Server helps you increase visitor response and reduce web operations costs.
WebSphere Portal Server enterprise portal features include:
- Core enterprise portal services such as role-based access to applications and content, search, personalization and security features.
- Context-relevant resources presented through commonly-used web browsers, giving users faster access to resources needed to complete tasks.
- Advanced social portal usability features that enable drag-and-drop customizations and integration with social and rich-media websites.
- Scalable platform and architecture that deliver Web 2.0 capabilities on next-generation devices and channels.
- Integration with other WebSphere Portal family products to help you deliver a highly personalized, social portal experience to your customers.
Core enterprise portal services
- Enable fast consolidation of applications and content based on user profiles, including search, personalization and security capabilities.
- Simplify the movement of enterprise portals from staging to production with a one-click site management tool, featuring rollback and versioning capabilities.
- Include built-in social portals and near real-time communications, e-commerce capabilities and analytics support. Enterprise portal applications can be optimized using popular third-party products.
- Incorporate composite mashup applications including service feeds from other web applications.
- Provide personalized access to applications and content to keep customers highly engaged.
- Deliver targeted content and dynamic offers based on a userâs behaviors, preferences, purchases and location to help you address new markets.
Advanced social portal usability features
- Simplify page creation, making it easier for business users to create pages and add content to pages.
- Allow customization of existing applications and the creation of new custom applications to address a userâs unique needs.
- Foster online communities with user-added content. Users can organize and evaluate content using the tagging and rating feature within the page builder.
Scalable platform and architecture
- Use the WebSphere enterprise portal software foundation with support for open standards.
- Enable administration of clustered portal farms with multiple profile support for increased scalability.
- Manage data more efficiently with IBM DB2Â® technology, providing increased data protection and performance for database-intensive operations.
- Allow flexible access to existing enterprise data and applications, so you can take advantage of your existing web and IT assets.
Integration with other WebSphere Portal family products
- WebSphere Portal Enable is built on the IBM WebSphere Portal Server and features integrated web content management capabilities that help enable rapid website generation.
- WebSphere Portal Enable for z/OS allows you to share, view and organize documents and spreadsheets within the portal environment. Designed specifically for the IBM z/OSÂ® platform, it offers an expansive set of enterprise portal services.
- WebSphere Portal Extend combines features of IBM WebSphere Portal Enable with enhanced collaboration features. This social portal software provides shared workspaces that allow you to collaborate and exchange ideas on projects for improved team productivity.
- WebSphere Portal Express is the small-to-midsize business edition of WebSphere Portal Server. It provides an expansive set of social portal services for organizations with fewer than 1,000 users.
- WebSphere Portal Server Hypervisor Edition provides preinstalled, preconfigured images of IBM WebSphere Portal Server to automate provisioning of web experience solutions in a private cloud.